Monday, September 29, 2008

More NYC...sorry it took so long!






We went to church! St.Patrick's Cathedral was the most beautiful place I've ever seen! The carvings, the windows, the high vaulted ceilings...oh, and the organ! It was upstairs. The pipes were so HUGE!! It was a very powerful place. If you remember, when I was tagged, one of my "facts" was that my hubby and I had relegious differences in the first few years of our relationship. Not a big deal to us...we both believe in God. We believed in being good people. His parents, being high rank in their church, expected me to convert to their religion. I couldn't lie to them. I went to their church several times, bible studies and conventions...I didn't believe like they believed. So, at 4yrs in, Dale and I were faced with an ultimatum. Step out together, or go our seperate ways. So, for him to plan this vacation with this part in it was HUGE! It was something he knew I would enjoy. It was a selfless act. He's awesome!

Mel =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. Mel...thanks.
Cheri

Debby said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you're sharing your trip with us.