Thursday, September 4, 2008

I am a mom of an 11 year old!


My oldest daughter turned 11 today. Memories of "yesterdays" keep flashing as I look at her and how much she's grown in jus tthis past year. Man...I think she's going to be taller than me...not hard to do seeming I'm only 5'0! I made this Bella card for her. She has been drooling over these stamps..."Mom's stamps"...since I got my first one. She hasn't asked to use them, but I know she really wants to.

We planned a surprise trip to New York. She has always had this fascination with the big cities. We thought this would be a great age...not too young where she won't remember, but not too old to say..."Mom, I'm staying!"

I entered this card in the Bella Babe contest, but I really made it with her in mind.
Hope you like it!



Mel =)

6 comments:

Kimmie said...

What a beautiful card. I'm sure she'll love it! And happy birthday to your not so little one ;)

Meli Palmer said...

This card is perfect, I know she will love it. Love those patterned flowers!!

Have a great time in NY. It is definitely on our list of cities to visit as a family. The museums, Times Square, Central Park...you guys are going to have a blast. Be sure to post lots of pictures when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Love the card!!!! I'm sure she will too. Can I come to New York? I promise to behave and I don't whine or eat much. You are going to have so much fun I can't wait to see the pics.

Mae said...

Love it!!! The colors are great. I miss not having a girl. I will just have to make more things for all my girl friends.

Mae

Debby said...

My daughter turns 12 in a month. Crazy no?!? Have fun on your trip! Love your card! Oh and remember I am 21 so uh yeah. You are still a young beautiful woman. I have never visited New York city. Any cool special plans! We were pondering that for vacation next spring. I would be curious as to your thoughts when you get home. Have Fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the card where did you get the plaid flower?