Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thank you, Mae!

My Bella sistah sent me the coolest image holder yesterday! ...so...you know what that means right?! Yep, I had to attempt to make one too! I'll get a hold of things eventually. It was a little time consuming at first, but it got easier with each mistake! hehe...I filled it with actual cards that I tried to match with the front of the book. Each card has a different "Go, fight, win" message...such as "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" by Eleanor Roosevelt and "Our greatest glory is not in never failing...but rising up every time we fall." by Ralph Waldo Emerson. The sayings are from CTMH.





I finished another 6pk of cards. You can't see it from the picture, but I embossed in baby blue around the white piece the image is on.



I found these checkbook holder/calendar holders at my favorite store. There were 5 for $4.50. Great for quick gifts and best of all, you can change the image inside whenever you want!!



I made some gift tags too and needed somewhere to stick em. This tin worked out perfect. It used to be filled with paperclips. It has a magnet on the back so it could stick on the refrigerator or something. Why someone would need paperclips on the fridge beats me, but...to each their own!! =)


I'm almost done with the craft fair stuff. I never know how much of what to bring. I figured if I made too much stuff, I could always give it away or use it! I'll post the covered picture frames and the totes I made later! Happy Thursday!

Mel =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the image holder...great work.

Pricousins said...

Gorgeous stuff!!!

Debby said...

Oh Mel. Wow! What is the top picture exactly? Is it a card holder? Everything looks wonderful I know you are going to be a fabulous success!

Lynn Put said...

Wow these are all awesome projects! Your card holder book is beautiful with the butterfly cards and lovely sayings on each of them!
And I love the idea of making gift tags and putting them into that cute tin! Why would you need paper clips on your fridge?lol