Thursday, October 30, 2008
Check this out!
I found this little project on SCS. It's a file folder folded into a Xmas planner! The forms are on this really neat site. http://organizedchristmas.com/printable/christmas-pocket-planner
I used silver cord to make it more like a book. It doesn't open all the way like the one on SCS. Here's some directions for anyone who would like to attempt to make one! Good luck!
1. Take a regular file folder, open it up. Hold it in front of you "book-like". Score it 8" from the top so your line will cross the fold. This will create your pocket.
2. Next, score parallel to the center fold 4 1/2" from the middle on both sides. The tab sections (the front and the back) will be more narrow than the inner sections.
3. Fold it like an accordion.
4. Decorate your folder doo-dad, inside and out. I direct inked my edges to take some of the bright folder look away from the project. You will need 2 decorated papers and 2 solid papers for the look I did. (12x12 sheets)
5. Print the calendar thingies and stick them on the plain card stock to give them some class. I used the gift ideas, gift list and card list templates.
I'm not the best when it comes to directions. Just have fun!! I gave you the measurements...the rest is up to you!! =)
Life's been a little hectic lately. Sorry I've been a little MIA! My craft table is so sad. I placed a Bella order yesterday hoping to spark that creative bug again! Thanks Debby for thinking of me! Your email came at a great time!! Thank you! =) This one's for you!