Sunday, October 5, 2008

I am a bindin' fool!

I rec'd my Bind It All machine yesterday!!! Ahh...I couldn't work on anything when I got it because I had stuff to do, but told myself that if I got it done yesterday, I would reward myself with crafting time today. Well, I made 12 books, I altered a can and made a few cards. It is really as easy as it looked, but you have to read the book first. Oh...and don't use anything you really want for your first few times. Just in case it doesn't work out! =) I will probably alter the fronts a little more...but as for now, I just wanted to get the hang of the measure, cut, punch, bind! Practice makes perfect, right!? I used the chipboard mat stacks from DCWV. They're 4.5 x 6.5", already textured and colored so all I did was slap a patterned paper on the front! Super easy!

These lil' books were made with the coasters I lifted from Outback! I think you can get the same ones at Chili's too!! Covered them with patterned paper and tada!!

These are 6.5 x 6.5" chipboard I bought from ebay. Remember I was making a calendar (that still isn't finished!). It's the same chipboard. It was already punched with three holes for binder rings so I just covered it and punched the opposite side.

Same 6.5 x 6.5", but not Xmas themed! I can't believe I'm thinking about Xmas! Ahh! Help me...someone!!

I'm not the best altered artist, but I think this can came out simple and cute. I think it needs a little glitter! What do you think!?

I can't wait for the Dreamkutz to arrive. It's supposed to be here Thursday...boo. I can't even tell you how much time I would have saved not having to measure and cut!

7 comments:

Kim's Life said...

Very cute! Love the little notebooks! Isin't the BIA terrific???

Anonymous said...

LOL hubby better watch out...you just may bind all of his pants together. Love all of your creations. A dear friend had a Bind it All and loves it. I'm glad you're enjoying yours.
Cheri

Mae said...

Everything is great. It is a fun machine & your items will be great for the craft show.

Mae

Carri D said...

cute cute cute love them all!

Ice Escape said...

the notebooks are darling! And I lOVE LOVE LOVE the cute snowman pail...glitter would be very cute!
***HeatheR***

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

so cute :)

Stamp by the Light of the Moon.com said...

Love the notebooks and the can!! You've got gifts for everyone with all those notebooks!! Jen
www.stampbythelightofthemoon.com